Roosevelt Counseling Center
Location : Room 105
Counseling Secretary : Maya McKenzie – 206-252-4827
Out of District Records Requests should be Faxed to the number below.
College Visits: We will be hosting virtual college visits this year. Students can see colleges that have scheduled through Naviance as well as the school bulletin. Students can use the Commons to “attend” the virtual events.
Office Hours : 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Counseling Fax: 206-252-4962
Use the below links to schedule an appointment with your counselor. Please note that due to COVID restrictions, SPS is not allowing parents/guardians or visitors in the building. Students can schedule in-person appointments with their counselor and parents/guardians can schedule virtual (via Teams) appointments. Can you also call or email with questions or concerns, our counseling team is happy to help!
Counselor Responsibilities and Duties
Ms. Carrie Richard | A-D | RHS: 206-252-4835 |
Mr. Ron Stuart | E-Ki | RHS: 206-252-4826 |
Ms. Courtney Judkins | Kj-Ri | RHS: 206-252-4824|
Mr. Frank Heffernan | Rj-Z | RHS: 206-252-4836 |
Academic Intervention Specialists
Jessica Proctor | RHS: 206-252-4960 | email@example.com
Counseling Office Contacts
The Roosevelt High School Counselors work with students to help them develop strategies for success in academics, in social skills, and in considering their post-high school plans and career options. Counselors challenge students to become aware of their individual strengths, to develop methods for dealing with difficulties, to set goals, to make good choices, and to consider consequences.
Students are assigned to counselors by the first letter of their last name. Counselors meet with their students to explain the credit system, help students select courses, monitor progress toward achieving graduation requirements, explore interests, and make plans for college application and career options. Counselors also help students deal with social and emotional issues.
RHS CEEB Code: 481-140
Counseling Office Services
- Needing a recommendation from your counselor? Please call or email them. Please do not link counselors and teachers into your electronic applications unless you have consulted with them.
Seniors needing transcripts to be sent to colleges should request this through Naviance (see Senior Page). Transcripts for current students or former students who did not graduate from Roosevelt may be requested directly through your Counselor.
Transcripts for RHS graduates must be processed through the Main Office. Their phone number is 206-252-4810, FAX number is 206-252-4811
- Study Skills & Strategies
- RHS Testing
- RHS Profile
- Course Descriptions 2020-21
- Course Descriptions 2021-22
- RHS Graduation Requirements Checklist 2020
- RHS Graduation Requirements Checklist 2021
- RHS Graduation Requirements Checklist 2022
- RHS PE Waiver Form
- RHS PE Log (attach to PE Waiver form if doing an outside sport)
- RHS Service Learning Form (Community Service Hours)
- RHS Service Learning Guidelines
- RHS Service Learning Ideas
- Volunteering during COVID
**Roosevelt Golden Grad Merit Scholarship Info and Application (January 7, 2022 deadline)**
Check out the Monthly Scholarship Bulletin
- CBA Study Guide for Health & Fitness
The RHS Counseling Remind App
Get Reminded of :
- Events hosted by the department
- College Deadlines & Visits
- Upcoming events & deadlines
- Other major announcements
You can get this all via text! See below on how to join:
Seniors (Class of 2022) Text @b63h4f to 81010 or (347) 768-7203
Juniors (Class of 2023) Text @97b4ge to 81010 or (347) 768-7203
Sophomores (Class of 2024) Text @cdbh64 to 81010 or (347) 768-7203
Freshmen (Class of 2025) Text @ceeea2g to 81010 or (347) 768-7203