Running Start for Roosevelt High School Students
Running Start is a program for High School Juniors and Seniors to take college classes at Washington two-year colleges and earn high school and college credit at the same time. Tuition is free for a maximum of 15 credits per quarter in college-level courses numbered 100 or higher. However, the number of college credits each student may take free of tuition costs depends on how many classes the student is concurrently taking at the high school. Students are responsible for tuition for pre-college courses (numbering below 100) and any credits that exceed their allowable limit. Students are responsible for the cost of books and transportation; however, fee waivers for these expenses (not including transportation) are available for students who qualify for free or reduced lunch.
- A High School Junior or Senior
- Place into college level English OR math on the placement test (taken at the college)
- Some colleges will accept your ACT, SAT, or high school transcript for placement in lieu of the placement test. Check the college websites for more information.
At the college:
Attend information session
Apply to the college
Take placement tests
At Roosevelt High School:
- Read and sign SPS MOU
- Complete course planning worksheet
- Fill out your EVF to the best of your ability
- When steps 1-3 have been completed, make an appointment with your counselor and send your signed MOU, course planning worksheet, and EVF to your counselor before the meeting.
- Book a time with Ms. Richard (last names A-D)
When these steps are completed, make an appointment with your counselor and send your signed MOU, course planning worksheet, and EVF to your counselor before the meeting.
The deadline to meet with your counselor to apply to Running Start is June 10, 2022. After June 10, you will need to wait until after the LHS school year starts in the Fall.
Course Planning Worksheet
North Seattle Information Sessions
Tuesday, April 13: 6 – 7 p.m.
Friday, April 23: 12 – 1 p.m.
Wednesday, April 28: 2 – 3 p.m.
Thursday, May 6: 6 – 7 p.m.
Friday, May 14: 3 – 4 p.m.
RSVP to receive the Zoom link RSVP To Receive The Zoom Link
Recording of the presentation can be found on the North Seattle website.