Posted: | Updated:
Summary: School bulletin with links and information about upcoming events on and off campus.
- Homework Center Reopen!
Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3:40 to 4:40 in the Library
- Free tutoring
The Library offers free online tutoring for children through grade 12 seven days a week. Your child can get one-on-one help with math, science, writing, history, SAT test prep, college applications and much more. Tutoring is offered in English, Spanish and Vietnamese. Access it at www.spl.org/VirtualTutoring. You’ll just need a Library card and pin.
- Library Link
You don’t need a Library card for digital Library resources such as tutor.com or e-books – all Seattle Public Schools students get instant access through the Library Link program. Go to www.spl.org/LibraryLink to connect. Library staff members can help you with any questions. Just call 206-386-4636 or go to www.spl.org/Ask.
- Virtual Dreamathon event on Oct. 23
This all-ages community celebration is one of SPL’s biggest fall events, aimed at helping us all develop our pandemic toolkit for fall and winter. With speakers such as Dr. Ben Danielson and Black Panther Aaron Dixon, who worked with local kids to develop a program for community well-being, this program will connect and inspire. Find out more and register at https://fb.me/e/1DmP0S5LZ.
- FACEBOOK SHARE
If it’s easy to share the Dreamathon event on Facebook, here is suggested text and a link.
Calling arts lovers, foodies, and families for an ALL AGES, solution-making extravaganza on how we can get through a pandemic fall and winter, organized by The Seattle Public Library, as well as artists, entertainers and public health heroes. Bring your kids and elders to hear speakers including Dr. Ben Danielson, Black Panther Aaron Dixon, Where Ya At Matt chef Matt Lewis, and more. Find out more and register here: https://fb.me/e/1DmP0S5LZ
- The Jewish Student Union will meet in Ms. Hoyt’s room, Portable 2, during lunch on Friday 10/22. If you come to this meeting, you’ll get to learn about the achievements of the late Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, eat some delicious bagels, and play a whole lot of games! We’d love to see you there for some learning, eating, and playing!
- Yearbook picture dates (*Reminder: these days are ONLY for students who have not yet had their picture taken, NO RE-TAKES):
- Wednesday, October 6th @ Lunch in the Small Gym.
- DRAMAFEST try outs are coming up! We need around 100 actors and run crew members for one of Roosevelt’s coolest and longest traditions: our annual festival of student directed and produced short plays! We have parts of all sizes, experience levels, and time commitments. Seniors say every year that Dramafest is something they wish they would’ve done sooner so take a chance and try out with a friend! Go to rhstheatre.net to read the info packet, fill out the google audition form, and sign up for a time slot. Auditioning only takes a few minutes and is super fun and easy: you will act out a few sentences of a monologue we provide—memorization not required! Try outs are after school next Wednesday and Thursday, September 22 & 23. All info is on www.rhstheatre.net!
- Virtual meeting for Roosevelt Theatre Boosters! Calling all parents of students in theatre and dance classes and those getting involved in after school productions. Please join Department Co-Directors Ms. Greve and Mr. Stuart at our first (online) parent booster meeting this Tuesday, October 14 at 7:15pm. Zoom link will be posted at www.rhstheatre.net!
- Model United Nations Club meets every Monday during lunch in room 229. If you are interested in debate and international relations please join!
Please do not come to school if you have COVID symptoms. If you develop any of the symptoms below while at school, please go to the Protected Health Care Room (Room 218; not the Nurse’s Office).
If you have:
- Shortness of Breath of difficulty breathing
- Fever or chills
- Muscle or body aches
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- New loss of Taste or Smell
Hours with Attendant Present in Room:
- Monday – 8:00-4:00
- Tuesday – 11:45-4:00
- Wednesday – 8:00-4:00
- Thursday – 11:45-4:00
- Friday – 8:00-4:00
Upcoming Athletic Events:
- 1/12 Boys Wrestling vs Ingraham/Lakeside @ Lakeside HS @ 6:00/7:30pm
- 1/12 Girls Basketball JVC/JV/Varsity vs. Lincoln 4:30/5:45/7:15pm
- 1/12 Girls Bowling Varsity vs. Ingraham 3:15pm, 1/14 Varsity vs. Seattle Prep 3:15 (Both events at Kenmore Bowling Lanes)
- 1/14 Quad night @ Franklin: Girls JV/Varsity 4:00/7:00pm, Boys JV/Varsity 5:30/8:00pm
- 1/14 Boys Swim vs. O’Dea 4:00pm @ Medgar Evers Pool
- 1/14 Gymnastics vs. Nathan Hale 7:00pm
- 1/15 Boys Basketball vs. Clover Park JVC/JV/Varsity 1:00/2:45/4:30pm
- 1/15 Girls Basketball @ Gig Harbor JVC/JV/Varsity 2:00/2:00/4:00pm