Skip To ContentSkip To Content

    Registering for a WIAA Sport 

    Use the following Athletic Packet Instruction/Checklist to register your student for athletics.

    To be eligible to participate, practice, or play on a sports team at Roosevelt High School, you must turn in all athletic paperwork each year in the Main Office.

    • Print, read and fill out all sections of the forms.
    • Be sure both parents/guardians and athletes sign them, where appropriate.
    • Have a current physical covering the duration of your participation (good for two years). To see about scheduling an appointment at the RHS Teen Health Center please click Teen Health Center Physical Information
    • Have insurance information on file.
    • Submit payment for an ASB card and/or fees if applicable (provide SchoolPay receipt)
    • Pay any outstanding school fines.

    Students who turn in paperwork after the due dates are not guaranteed that they will be able to turn out for the first day of practice.

    Remember, athletic paperwork does not carry over from one school year to another. New paperwork must be completed for each new school year.

    Turn your paperwork into the Main Office. Do not turn your paperwork into the coaches, unless you are participating in a club sport.

    Registering for Football 

    Use the following Football Athletic Packet Instructions/Checklist to register your student for football. Please print, read and sign the forms listed below.

    Letter from Head Coach Sherlock

    Roosevelt Football Pre-Season and Regular Schedule 2020​

    Sports Physicals

    Please make sure that your date of physical is current within the following dates for the 2019-2020 seasons that you plan to participate in:

    Fall: June 3, 2019 - December 7, 2019
    Winter: November 4, 2019 - March 7, 2020
    Spring: March 2, 2020 - May 30, 2020

    Enrollment/Cross-Enrollment Form - Athletics Only

    This Out of District Athlete (ODA)/Athletics Only Form is required for students not enrolled in an SPS high school AND for SPS students enrolled in an alternative high school, who wish to participate with their neighborhood school's athletic programs. Roosevelt ASB fee for out of district athletes is $100.


    Insurance must be in effect according to SECTION II: MANDATORY ATHLETIC INSURANCE. If you use your private insurer, you need to give the name of the company providing coverage and a policy or employee number. Seattle School District Athletic Insurance is available. If interested please fill out the Student Insurance Enrollment Form or enroll online Student Insurance Enrollment Online
    It is your responsibility to be sure your insurance coverage is current.