- Participation in a school-approved activity (field trip), (auth in-bldg), (auth out-bldg)
- Request made by parent/guardian such as illness, medical appointments, health conditions, family emergencies, religious purposes, vacations or educational opportunities
- Disciplinary actions or suspensions
- Excused absences will be coded with a 2 digit code. Example: ME, EA, EL, Etc.
- Absences not authorized or excused from the above reasons
- Unexcused Absences will show an A or L (absent or late)
- Students arriving late to school or class for any reason not described as an excused absence will be counted as unexcused tardy.
- Arrival to class late by more than 10 minutes will be considered an absence
Attendance Procedures for Students
Students, it is your responsibility to keep track of your attendance. You may look on The SOURCE or get a print-out from the Attendance Office for your attendance information. You must excuse absences with a Parent Note, Parent E-mail or Parent Phone Call, within 72 hours (3 days).
If you will be gone on a pre-planned event of 1 full day or more, make sure you fill out a Pre-planned Absence form and have teachers sign this. The Pre-planned absent forms are located at the Attendance Office. You need to do this three (3) days in advance, if possible.
Pink Return Slip - When you return to school, you need to pick up your Pink excuse slip(s) at the Attendance Office and show it to your teachers.
Early Dismissal Slip - If you need an Early Dismissal slip, please go to the Attendance Office before you leave the school. When you return, please check back in at the Attendance Office and show the early dismissal slip.
Note from Teacher - If you come from another classroom with a note, show the note to the teacher and then bring the note to the Attendance Office. This ensures that your absences will be excused. Teachers can only mark Absent or Late in the attendance system. They can not excuse the absent or late status, only the Attendance Office can do this.
If you are more than 10 minutes late to a class, you will be marked absent.